Last Updated: May 25, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information you provide directly to us through our Site. When you register and use the Services as a customer, we collect information such as your name, email address, username, as well as audio, video, graphics, and other content stored, processed or transmitted via the Services (defined as “Customer Content” and “Customer Data” in our Terms of Service). If, for example, you visit our Site and request information about our online services, we collect your email address.
In addition, we automatically collect certain information when you visit or interact with our Services, such as:
- Log information: Our servers automatically record certain information in our log files, including type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, timezone, and country code.
- Usage Data: We collect information about registered customers’ access and use of the Services, as defined in our Terms of Service.
- Connected account information: If you choose to connect your SnappyTV account to accounts on another service, that other service may send us information about your account on that service.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the device type, operating system and version.
- Information collected by cookies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information about you to operate our Services in various ways, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- To provide features like cross-posting or cross-service authentication;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by SnappyTV and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Carry out any other specific purpose for which you provided the information.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- With our affiliates (the Twitter corporate family);
- In response to a request for your information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of SnappyTV or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about you, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you individually.
THIRD PARTY SITES
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
SnappyTV takes reasonable and appropriate measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction.
Customer’s SnappyTV Account
As a registered customer you may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or following the directions here. You can delete or deactivate your account following the instructions here or by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SnappyTV by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We are based in the United States but operate as an affiliate of Twitter, who have offices globally. To facilitate our operations and to help deliver our products, we may transfer personal information to and from the United States and any other country where our affiliates, vendors, consultants, and service providers operate. Such countries may have laws which are different, and potentially less protective, as the laws of your country of residence. Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, Ireland, and any other country where we operate.
To bring you the Services, we operate globally. Twitter, Inc. has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles (the “Principles”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information from the European Union and Switzerland. As described in Twitter’s Privacy Shield Certification, this certification includes SnappyTV.
If you have a Privacy Shield-related complaint, please contact us here. As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, if you have a dispute with us about our adherence to the Principles, we will seek to resolve it through our internal complaint resolution process, alternatively through the independent dispute resolution body JAMS, and under certain conditions, through the Privacy Shield arbitration process.
SnappyTV is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission. Under certain circumstances, we may be liable for the transfer of personal information from the EU or Switzerland to third parties outside the EU and Switzerland. Learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield here.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view Twitter’s certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may have additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please use the details provided in the Contact Us section below. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal, and removing consent to process information necessary for the function of a product or service may cause that product or service to no longer work.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are an individual from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where: (1) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (such as delivering products or services you requested), (2) we have your consent to do so, or (3) where the processing is in our or a third party's legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you live in the United States, the data controller responsible for your personal data is Twitter, Inc. with an address of:
1355 Market Street, Suite 900
San Francisco, CA 94103
If you live outside the United States, the data controller is Twitter International Company, with an address of:
Twitter International Company
One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street
Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRELAND
If you are located in the European Union or EFTA States, you can confidentially contact Twitter’s Data Protection Officer here. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or Twitter International Company’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission. You can find their contact details here.