What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect on May 25th, 2018. The GDPR builds upon and modernizes existing EU Data Protection and Privacy rules and will replace them with one single set of rules which govern how personal information is collected and processed. It also specifically addresses the export of personal data of EU citizens outside the EU, and sets clear guidelines for companies who operate between the EU and other global markets with different legal structures and approaches to data transfer and its commercial use.
SnappyTV/Twitter’s commitment to data protection and privacy
Learn more about SnappyTV and Twitter’s approach to GDPR here.
Impact to You
- Partners must accept new terms on or after May 25th, 2018 to continue using the service.
How do I download my media?
- Individual media
- Navigate to the ‘Media’ tab in your SnappyTV account
- Search or filter for the clip you would like to download
- Click on the clip to expand additional options
- Click on the export button
- Click on the download button, which will then download the media on your local device
- MRSS feed
- Navigate to the ‘Account Settings’ tab in your SnappyTV account
- Click on the ‘Publish MRSS Feeds’ sub-tab
- You’ll see three options for various MRSS outputs:
- User RSS - all of the media created by you (the individual user)
- Account RSS - all of the media created by all of the users on the account you are associated to
- Channel RSS - all of the media created on specific channels you have configured in your SnappyTV account
How do I modify my data?
- Add/remove users from your account
- Publish Settings
- Branding Settings
- Social Media Accounts
- CMS Accounts
How do I delete my account?
- Delete your account from the ‘People’ tab list of accounts or request that your SnappyTV account administrator remove your account on your behalf
- Submit a request to email@example.com to delete your account
How do I opt out of receiving communication from SnappyTV
- Navigate to the ‘My Settings’ tab in your SnappyTV account
- View the Communication Preferences checkbox at the bottom of the page
- Uncheck the ‘Receive update emails from SnappyTV (show updates, general news)’ option
- Click the Save Settings button to save your preferences
How long will archives of recordings be stored for?
As part of our GDPR efforts, we will be limiting the retention of archived recordings for 14 days after the scheduled recording date. After 14 days, the archives of your content will be permanently erased from the system.
How do I request personal data?
To request personal data that we collect and retain such as media, clip metadata or usage information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional questions not relating to GDPR or your data, reach out to the support team by filing a ticket from within SnappyTV.