An MRSS feed allows you to import a specified list of video content from an external CMS into SnappyTV.
Any supported files that are included in the feed will be ingested. Therefore you will need to ensure any files you do not want to be imported do not appear in the feed.
Which fields does my feed need to include?
- Please ensure that your MRSS includes the following elements in each item:
- <title> [required]
- <description> [required]
- <pubDate> [required] (RFC 2822 format)
- <guid> [optional] (used as an external ID)
- <media:content> [required]
- If multiple <media:content> elements are specified (within a <media:group>) then the bitrate attribute should be specified so SnappyTV can ingest the highest quality content
What does a complete feed look like?
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/">
<title>My Sample Channel</title>
<description>This Channel Has Video Links</description>
<title>MRRS Example Video 2</title>
<description>Example 2 Desc</description>
<pubDate>Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:00:00 +0200</pubDate>
<media:content url="http://www.example.com/examples/mrss/example2.mp4" />
<title>MRRS Example Video 1</title>
<description>Example 1 Desc</description>
<pubDate>Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:00:00 +0200</pubDate>
How can I validate my feed?
- You can validate the feed here: http://feedvalidator.org/
- Please note, this validator does not check that the <media:content url=”...”> exists in the feed, which is mandatory for this integration
- You may ignore 'warnings' as long as you see 'This is a valid RSS feed' in the beginning
How do I set my feed up in SnappyTV?
Step 1) Click on the 'Account Settings' button in the left hand navigation
Step 2) Click on the 'Ingest MRSS Feeds' tab
Step 3) Complete the form
Name - Choose an internal reference to describe the feed/content
Feed URL - The full URL to your feed
Publish Settings - Select 'Publishing Settings' that will apply to the imported videos.
Step 4) Click 'Add Feed' to save your Feed
Once you have saved your feed you will see a list of saved feeds as below.
Your feed will be checked and processed every 5 minutes.